Click the dots on the map to navigate.
Address : Near Weybourne
Parking: Free in carpark
The Muckleburgh Military Collection has been named after Muckleburgh Hill at the foot of which the former Weybourne Military Camp is situated. Weybourne has been a base for the repulse of invasion from these shores since the days of the Spanish Armada in 1588. The site became an anti-aircraft artillery base in 1936 and remained in use until 2nd October 1958. In 1986, work began to demolish nearly 200 old buildings which were beyond repair and some 45,000 tons of rubble was removed to make way for the Collection which was opened to the public in 1988 by Berry and Michael Savory. The Collection has grown to over 120 tanks, guns and military vehicles in addition to thousands of other items. The vehicles on display have come from as far as Russia, Norway, Czechoslovakia, Belgium, Syria, Kuwait, Israel, USA and Iraq. Available at the Museum are a restaurant, shop and usual facilities - children's play area and family picnic areas - facilities for the disabled including use of a wheelchair. Dog kennels are also available. Group and educational visits are available to book direct.